Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Barcelona Market - part 1 Fruit









I went to one of the best-know market: Mercat de Sant Josep, near the famous street La Rambla. It is an impressive market where you can find almost everything: fruit, dessert, fish, vegetables and small restaurants. Since it is located near La Rambla, it is filled with tourists and things are very pricy. You can find all kinds of exotic fruit there. They also make variety of fresh fruit juice with ice for 1 euro a plastic cup, just like in Thailand. Of course the presentation of products are very impressive. I wish I could dive into those fruit mountains!

But be aware that merchants give you the good fruit. I bought some strawberry because I saw they are very ripe. But when I buy it, the merchants do not let me to choose from the beautiful pile. (Of course, they do not want to re-do the pile after every customer). Some of the strawberries I got are good; some are barely ripe. I felt being cheated!

No comments: