Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ilios – Greek restaurant in Montréal


Just a bit south of laurier street and St. Denis street, there is a Greek restaurant called Ilios. While I was waiting for friend coming from far away, I end up in that restaurant alone eating dinner at 6:30 pm Friday night. I have to admit it is not much fun to eat alone in a quiet restaurant.

For $18(before tax) I ordered one of their special menu, which include : Pikilia (various sample of food, see below) and fried calamari.

Pikilia includes:

Tzatziki – yogourt, cucumber & garlic (very refreshing)

Taramosalata – mash potato with carp eggs (it looks orange, maybe because of the carp eggs)

Dolmadadia – wine leaf with rice inside

Eggplant salad –(my new discovery! I love it! Never thought it can be so refreshing)

Skordalia – mash potato, garlic with vinaigrette

The calamari dish only comes with a little calamari, with rice and fried potato on the side. It is good but nothing special. It also comes with Lamb Bean stew with tomato sauce, which it is my first time. The bean is really soft and starchy; the tomato sauce adds a lot of flavor. I am wondering why it is called Lamb Bean?

No comments: