Sunday, September 21, 2008

Food festival in Montreal - Mondial gourmand

http://mondialgourmand.com/

Saturday I went to world food festival in Montreal. The venue is smaller than I imagined (that means I was expecting more exotic food, like Egypt, Morocco, Indonesia, etc. My big disappointment! ), but there are themed live music playing everyday. As the name says, you can find food from all over the world: Jamaica, Brazil, Cuba, Japan, Mexico, Australia, Greek, Italy, etc. Of course, there are variety of drinks, dessert and juices.

As usual, I am always looking for new food to try. For $3 dollars, I bought samples of sausage slices : Deer, boar buffalo, lamb. It is hard to say which one is my favorite, all of them are flavored with herbs or beer, how can that be not tasty?

In Brazil booth, I tried Alligator stew with rice on a tiny plate for $6 (consider I can buy a whole meal for $7 in T.O). I feel really being ripped off but since I am not planning to go to Brazil anytime soon, it is better to try it rather than regret it. The alligator stew taste like beef stew. The stew itself is tasty but the meat is a bit tough. Guess it is a well-aged one.

In Italian booth, I tried fried Zucchini flower. $4 for 2 flowers. The fresh yellow flower looks really pretty. It taste good too but I think the batter is a big old or maybe over fried. It is not really crispy outside. Since this is my first time experience, I have to wait till the next one to make a comparison.

Overall, it is expensive to eat full, even for a small girl like me (but I do have big appetite). There are live music stages with artificial sand beach corner. It is nice sitting under the giant umbrella listening to music, eat and drink all day.

No comments: