Saturday, January 17, 2009

Seafood Platter in Costa Rica


Whenever I see Seafood Platter on menus, I can never resist ordering it. After few days of seafood only diet, I said to myself: no more seafood, I am going to have meat today. But when I heard the Seafood Platter is amazing in this tiny fish shack near Tamarindo beach, how can say No?

Just like they said, it is the ultimate seafood feast: fish, shrimp, crab, clam and squid. They are so fresh and heavenly tasty. That giant pile of seafood platter is for one person, cost about $ 22 CAD.

The next day I went back and want to have it again, but the restaurant (actually only a one room shack with seats outside facing the beach) is not open for lunch, because they cannot find enough helpers to work during the day. So I have to wait till dinnertime to taste the best seafood platter before I leave Costa Rica. This time we tried seafood soup as well. The soup is yummy fishy, full of flavor since it is cooked with the same mixture of seafood. It is served with rice. According to the waiter, that is the half size soup. I do not know how big is the full serving is. Half size is enough for me.

No comments: