Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet Star Fruit


I always have trouble to find ripe star fruit in the fruit market. Even when I was in China, my first memory of start fruit is sooooooooo sour that my father put tons of sugar still tastes sour.

Lesson learned: Never buy it again!

This time I was just wandering around the streets in Santa Cruz in Costa Rica when I saw few trees full of star fruits in a school backyard. I shamelessly picked one to try it out. It was really small, you can see the size to the ratio of my palm (I do not have big hand). To my surprise that is the sweetest one I have ever had. It was so good that I went back to pick more. But the other ones were not that good. The really ripe ones were on the ground or high on the top of the tree.
Too bad I am not tall enough.

No comments: