Friday, July 25, 2008

Utopia - my favorite Tuna Salad




I think I find my favorite restaurant in Toronto for a nice green tuna salad. The restaurant is called Utopia, located at 586 College Street- in little Italy.

Why is it my favorite tuna salad?

They use real tuna !!!! Not some canned ones (which is popular in other places.).
For about $10, you can get a giant plate of mix greens with slightly grilled yellow fin tuna and grilled mushrooms. It is rare to get real green salad, not just some ice-berg lettuce. I have nothing again ice-berg lettuce, but it doesn’t provide much nutrients.

They use the same yellow-fin tuna in the Grilled Tuna Burrito, which is the one I had (see Pic). It also contains grilled zucchini, onions, pesto, asiage cheese, lettuce and salsa. I love that the middle part of the tuna is still raw while the sides are evenly grilled. The burrito is so juicy. It is totally a thumb up!

Utopia is reasonably priced restaurant with good value. They have other food, range from sandwich, soup to burger. That day the bison Bamberger is on special. I tried the bison it is really good, but the hamburger is too big for me to bite. I am sure the rest of the Canadians are quite happy with the giant size.

No comments: