Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AJI SAI Japanese Restaurant – All you can eat lunch for $ 10.99

My Japanese friend Saori told me about the restaurant, which just opened not long ago at 467 Queen Street West. We arrived there 11:40 am and are the first customers that day. With 15 minutes, the restaurant is almost full.

We ordered some interesting sushi rolls, such as Fire House roll (Tempura Shrimp, Banana inside; top with spicy tuna crunch and scallion). It is pretty good, but personally I prefer switch banana to avocado.

The Black Dragon is really good as well (eel, avocado and fake crab).

It is my first time trying the shitake mushroom roll. I find the mushroom is too salty. My Japanese friend is surprised to hear that shitake mushroom is about & 8 per lb. She told me it is quite cheap in Japan. Oh, well, we are not in Japan.

We also tried something new: grilled salmon neck, fat belly and sautry (I am not sure about the spelling that is what they wrote on the menu). After having the salmon belly, I think it is time for me to lose some weight. Yup, they are really fatty! But so good…

By the time 1pm (ya, we are still eating), they have to turn away many customers because the full capacity. It is also quite difficult for us to get any service. We have to attentively waving to the waitress. The good thing is we weren’t in a hurry.

Overall, the rolls are quite decent and fishes are very fresh. My Japanese friend said the rice isn’t as good as those in Japan. But it is pretty good for non-Japanese, include me. I guess I wouldn’t comment on it until the day I visit the real Japanese sushi restaurant in Japan.

I would totally go back to have All You Can Eat again, but first I need to lose some weight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, sushi won't make you gain weight because it doesn't have a lot of trans fat, if any at all, and Aji Sai is definitely my favourite sushi place downtown Toronto!

I've tried sushi at a lot of different locations around Toronto but this restaurant proved themselves worthy to deserve that title. It's classy and has so many types of rolls and sashimi compared to the other "cheap" sushi restaurants. I love it! <3