Monday, August 11, 2008

Octopus – sushi-grade


One of the fish stores in Kensington market adds sushi-grade fish into the store few months ago (Near Baldwin & Augusta Ave). During the day time, they sell fresh made sushi for $3.99. Inside, sushi-grade fishes are wrapped in plastic container and stored in the fridge. A small hand-size tuna will cost about $9- $12, depending on weights.

I bought a pack of cooked octopus tentacles about my hand-size big for $8. Since it is already cooked, all I need to do is to cut them into thin slice. It is a bit chewy and has a natural sweet flavor.

Personally I think the tentacle has beautiful shapes and it is very funky. The most tender, moisturized grilled octopus I have ever had was in Montreal, in a Portuguese restaurant not far from Marche Jean Talon. Unfortunately I forget the address and name. The waiter there told me the secret of their octopus: fresh and baby octopus. (Of course, most baby animals taste really tender).

No comments: