Thursday, December 24, 2009

The BEST Beef Steak – Bistecca alla Fiorentina


How could you leave Florence without trying their best beefsteak? That is what Italians say. I missed it the first time while I was in Italy. That is why I am going back for the second time.

My friend Luigi took me to his favorite restaurant in countryside of Toscana: Locanda il Gallo. It is also a Bed and Breakfast Inn with high quality local cuisine. You can see how beautiful is the steak looks like from the pic. It is the tenderest steak I have ever had. I heard that the Italians sell the Florence beefsteak at Gasparro’s butcher in Toronto. You just need to ask the people work there. I have to try it next time!

http://www.locandailgallo.it/html/restaurant.html




I also tried Colonnata’s fat bacon. It looks all white. Obviously is pure fat. Very tasty!! Also the creamy delicate pasta cooked with saffron, called “Strozzapreti allo zafferano” in Italian. “Strozzapreti” is kind of pasta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strozzapreti

Second course, we had quail, white beans and spinach. Of course and the beefsteak! By the time we finished chocolate moose and poutan, it was already pass midnight!

No comments: