Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sample of Greek cuisine

There are many places with cooked food-of-the-day in Athen. They are very popular among the locals. Food is cooked freshly and one can order by pointing at the food. For sure it is very convenient for tourists. As for the quality of the food, it is excellent. Many locals order that way, then sit down to eat and drink red wine.


My friend ordered many dishes so that I can sample Greek cooking: beans, beef, pork and squid. My favorite is the spinach with squid. The squid is unbelievably tender and I ate most of the dish. I wonder how could they make the squid so tender, melt in your mouth? My least favorite one is the pork, it is very dry.

The food is so good there I went back the next day. For lunch I had a lamb shank. So tender and juicy with strong lamb flavor! That is how I like it! Most food there are slow cooked and they are surly delicious!

No comments: