Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vegetarian in Madrid

After eating many days of meat and seafood, I am so happy that a friend took me to a vegetarian restaurant. It is close to the city center metro stop SOL.
http://www.yerbabuena.ws/

I like the interesting combination of fresh ingredients and their presentation. I had wheat tortilla cannelon (pic left down): mushroom, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, broccoli and touch of curry over oregano-seasoned tomato sauce wrapped in a rice & poppy seed tempura with a coating of coconut and seeds sauces. It is delicious and it is vegan!

For dessert I had Crema Catalana (Spanish version of Crème brûlée”): a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. It is a bit too creamy for me. But since I had a healthy lunch, it is ok to indulge a bit. Not sure it is vegan.

No comments: