Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tripe, Beef, Fish Tapas in Toledo

I randomly went into a bar-restaurant in the center of Toledo (a small town in Spain). It was almost empty besides few coffee drinkers because it was only noon. No one eat lunch that early in Spain! But I don’t care, I was hungry!

The waiter didn’t speak a word of English and there were nobody to help out. I can only point through the glass window to order food. It was hard to know what exactly I ordered.

The dish on the left is stewed beef with peas. Really tough meat!
On the right is a chunk of sea fish with roasted tomato as topping. The fish texture is dry and old. I only had one bite, what a terrible dish! What kind of fish is it?



The only dish I liked is the tripe, which is slow cooked in tomato sauce. Can’t go wrong with that! Really tender and flavorful.

No comments: