Thursday, December 24, 2009

Osteria della Lodola – A night with endless food and drinks

A friend brought me to a romantic genuine Bed and Breakfast called “Osteria della Lodola”, located in the fascinating Tuscan ValdiChiana.
www.lalodola.com

Charmed with an Eighteenth Century home atmosphere, host Chef Prepares menus typical of the Tuscan and Italian culinary tradition. The fix menu price is about 30 Euros, not including wines.



Of course, the menu starts with the local products such as cheeses, salami, jams etc. Then followed by gnocchi in tomato sauce, white beans with olive oils and ginger zucchini soup. For the main course, to my surprise there are pigeons. But not everyone at the table tried those poor little birds, and I was too full to eat a second one. Most people ate the beef, which is really tender, but left many pigeons wasted. As I was still keeping working on the pigeon on my plate, the waiter was impressed with my courage. Ha! Didn’t he know I am a Chinese who love to eat! For appraise me, he even give me a small bottle of freshly made olive oil for gift. I love the spicy grassy flavor from the fresh olive oil so much and finished all of it in 10 days.

The entire night, the waiter kept indulging us with wide choice of wines. After the dessert, we set close to the cozy fireplace, sipping on champagnes. They offered a warm and relaxed hospitality with high-quality cuisine. It is a truly delightful night in Toscana!

No comments: