Sunday, January 10, 2010

Canadian Oysters

Canadian Oysters
Don’t matter if the French say they have the best oyster in the world. Honestly I have tried both, and the Canadian oysters are also very good! There are many various to choose from when it is in seasons (From Oct to Jan). In Toronto, I always go to OysterBoys to buy them and open by myself. The price is cheaper than Rodney's Oyster House at King/Spadina Street. However, the later one does offer more varieties.

www.oysterboy.ca

Malpeque oyster from P.E.I. is always tasty with clear sea flavor, subtle. They are meaty and easy to open. (The center ones in the pic) Most people will like them.
The other kind in the pic is from Northern Emerald, also good.

My favorite ones are the oysters from Tatamagouche Bay, Nova Scotia. Not everyone will love its strong sea flavors. But for me they are simple a treat. I ate them with no lemon or sauce. Simply want to taste the original flavor. It is not easy to find them with a good price.

No comments: