Sunday, May 17, 2009

American Brunch in Milan


I do not know why did I accept the invitation to have American Brunch at Saturday in Milan. I am in Italy with Italian friends. Why have American Brunch?

Luckily, it is not what I thought. Yes, it is called American Brunch: for 18 euro you can order eggs with muffins. But besides that, there are long table of Italian food and orange juice (All you can eat). Saturday around 1 or 2pm, the restaurant is packed with people. There is also a DJ playing cheesy club music. That place will turn into a bar club at night. But DJ during the lunchtime is totally not necessary.

I ordered 2 poached eggs and one muffin. That is the American Brunch! It comes with a tiniest dark muffin I ever had: only 5 or 6 cm round. The yolks are impressively orange-red. They must feed the chicken very good quality grains.

Actually this American plate comes very later, after I had a giant plate of Italian all-you-can-eat goodies: mozzarella, stuffed red pepper, squid salad, etc. Depends on what you choose, some food quality is not bad.

After those two plates of high protein diet, I have no more space for desserts. Yup, 4 or 5 kinds of all-you-can-eat dessert over there. But it is ok; I don’t want to kill myself with a heart attack. “Food taste better when you are only 70% full.” that is my grandma always says.

No comments: