Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fried Duck – specialty in Turin???


Unfortunately with all tasty deserts, I did not have a chance to have an equally amazing food. It was Sunday and most places are closed in the district we were. After walking around in circles, we finally found a restaurant for lunch. It was 2pm and it was packed with people. So I thought the food should be good.

I asked my Italian friend: what is the traditional dish on this menu?
He suggested me: fried duck.

I have never heard fried duck is Italian specialty. But oh well, I have to try it once. The half of fried duck came with roasted potato. The duck is the driest meat I have ever had. I really regret of ordering the dish. That cannot be their specialty or Italian like dry meat?

My friend ordered Ravioli, which is pretty good. Now I know, for restaurant, I have to go with right people. Rushing into a restaurant just because it was open, that will be a biggest mistake!

No comments: