Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fried Rice Ball - Arancini Di Riso


Italian like to fry a lot of stuff, of course they are very yummy. I have tried many times Arancini Di Riso (fried rice ball with mixed fillings) in different parts of Italy. But since my friend said it is traditional from Sicily, I had to taste its origin flavor.

He took me to a traditional bakery place. At lunchtime is full of people and many were eating Arancini Di Riso. There were two kinds: one is filled with cheese and the other is filled with ground beef and peas. I got the later one and it is still hot in my hand. I love the crispy outside and tender rice. They are traditionally served as snacks, for holiday parties or as a light dinner served with a salad. They are very yummy and very filling! Do not underestimate that palm size rice ball!

No comments: